Cefspan (cefixime) is a cephalosporin antibiotic that is used to treat a variety of infections caused by susceptible microorganisms (see Spectrum of Cefspan for details). It is important to note that Cefspan and other cephalosporin antibiotics may cause severe allergic reactions. Although, not every patient experience these side effects, it is strongly recommended that you avoid self-medication. For more information on possible side effects with Cefspan and how to avoid them, see Cefspan Side Effects.
Cefspan Indications (System Wise)
Respiratory Tract Infections
- Infections of the upper and lower airways
- Pulmonary infections of bacterial etiology
- Bronchitis (acute and chronic)
- Bronchiectasis with infection
- Secondary infections in chronic respiratory diseases
E.N.T or Ear, Nose & Throat Infections
- Otitis media
Cefspan for Gastrointestinal Infections
Urinary Tract Infections
- Infections of the kidneys and efferent urinary tract
- Uncomplicated urinary tract infections
- Complicated and uncomplicated urinary tract infections except for prostatitis
- Gonococcal urethritis
- Uncomplicated gonorrhea (cervical/urethral)
Biliary Tract Infections
- Infections of the biliary tract
Cefspan is also indicated for the treatment of Scarlet Fever.
Is it recommended in watery diarrhea in under one year children.In pakistan most of the doctors use it in watery diarrhoea with no temprature.