- Maxit 50mg Tablet contains
Diclofenac Potassium 50mg
- Maxit 75mg Tablet contains
Diclofenac Potassium 75mg
How Maxit Works?
Maxit (Diclofenac Potassium) is a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID) with pronounced analgesic, antipyretic and anti-inflammatory properties. It is an inhibitor of cyclooxygenase. Maxit is readily absorbed after administration and acts by inhibiting prostaglandin biosynthesis, which plays a major role in causing inflammation, pain and fever. Maxit has been formulated to make available the well-established pharmacotherapeutic effects of diclofenac potassium.
What is Maxit Used For? > Indications
Rapid onset of action of Maxit Tablet makes it particularly indicative in short term treatment of acute painful and inflammatory conditions like:
- Conditions of acute pain, inflammation and swelling following surgical interventions, e.g., dental extraction, tonsillectomy, Orthopedic surgery, abdominal surgery.
- Painful and inflammatory conditions in gynecological cases, e.g., primary dysmenorrhea, adnexitis.
- Acute pain, inflammation and swelling following traumatic conditions, e.g. due to sprain.
- Painful conditions of vertebral column.
- Non-articular rheumatism.
- As an adjuvant to appropriate basic therapy for severe painful, inflammatory conditions due to infections of ear, nose and throat, e.g., influenza, pharyngo-tonsillitis, otitis.
Recommended Dosage of Maxit Tablets
- For pain and soft tissue inflammation the recommended dose of Maxit for adults is 100 to 150mg in 2 to 3 divided doses.
- In mild cases and children over 14 years of age, the recommended dosage is 75 to 100mg daily in 2 to 3 divided doses.
- For primary dysmenorrhea, the recommended dosage of Maxit Tablets is 50 to 150 mg in 2 to 3 divided doses.
Possible Side Effects of Maxit
- Most common
gastrointestinal disorder, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, abdominal cramps.
headache, dizziness, vertigo, skin rashes, elevation of aminotransferase values in liver.
gastric or intestinal ulcer with or without bleeding or perforation, drowsiness, hepatitis with or without jaundice, hypersensitivity, urticaria, edema.
- Isolated cases
disorientation, insomnia, irritability, anxiety, convulsions, agranulocytosis, aplastic anemia, thrombocytopenia, hemolytic anemia, palpitation, chest pain and congestive heart failure.
Do not take any medicine including Maxit Tablets without asking a qualified healthcare professional and keep all medicinal products out of the reach of children.
Leave A Comment