What is Accu Chek Test Strips Used For?
- The Accu Chek Test Strips are intended for quantitative blood glucose tests in fresh capillary blood. If the test strip is removed from the meter to apply blood, venous blood anticoagulated with lithium heparin or ammonium heparin or EDTA, arterial blood and blood from neonates may also be tested.
- Accu Chek Test Strips may only be used together with Accu-Chek Active meters.
- The system comprises the meter and test strips and is suitable for self-testing and for professional use. People with diabetes can use this system to self-test their blood glucose. Healthcare professionals can use this system to check patient’s blood glucose values and they can use it in suspected cases of diabetes and in emergency diagnostics.
- Accu Chek Test Strips deliver results that correspond to blood glucose concentrations in plasma as per the recommendation of the IFCC (International Federation of Clinical Chemistry and Laboratory Medicine). Your meter displays blood glucose values that refer to plasma although you always apply whole blood to the test strip.
- You might also be interested to know about the Diabetes 60 System.
What is the normal fasting Glucose Level?
The normal fasting glucose level for a non-diabetic adult is below 100 mg/dL (5.6 mmol/L). A criterion for the diagnosis of diabetes in adults is a fasting glucose level of 126 mg/dL or higher (7.0 mmol/L or higher) confirmed in two tests. Adults with a fasting glucose level between 100 and 125 mg/dL (5.6 and 6.9 mmol/L) are defined as having impaired fasting glucose (prediabetes). Other diagnostic criteria for diabetes exist. Consult your healthcare professional to determine if you have diabetes or not.
Accu Chek Test Strips > Warnings
- Self-testing with Accu Chek Test Strips is not a substitute for regular visits to your healthcare professional. You must receive proper instruction from a qualified healthcare professional before you start self-testing your blood glucose. Your healthcare professional will determine the appropriate blood glucose target range individually and jointly with you.
- Contact your healthcare professional if the test result is too low, too high or does not agree with how you feel. Do not change your therapy without talking about it with your healthcare professional first.
- The cap of the Accu Chek Test Strips container contains a non-toxic silicate-based drying agent. If you accidentally swallow any of this, drink plenty of water!
- Keep the Accu Chek Test Strips and all components of the blood glucose monitoring system out of reach of children under 3 years. There is a risk of suffocation if small parts (e.g. covers, caps or similar objects) are swallowed.
- All components of the Accu Chek Active Test Strips pack can be discarded in domestic waste. Due to the low concentration of the ingredients, they are not considered to be hazardous materials under EU Regulations. Discard used Accu Chek test Strips according to local regulations.